Aquatic Therapy & Care
The area's only indoor, heat resistance pool.
Aquatic Therapy provides safe and efficient exercise to decrease pain, heal and improve stability. At Horizon Rehabilitation we have the area's only indoor, heated, resistance therapy pool, as well as Certified Aquatic Therapists on staff.
For patients who are in pain and are weakened due to an injury or disability, aquatic therapy is a great solution. The natural buoyancy of water reduces the stress on the body and helps patients exercise easier with less pain. Also, the natural pressure of water reduces joint and soft-tissue swelling and provides enough resistance to strengthen muscle.
We offer customized aquatic therapy for patients with any of the following:
- Difficulty walking or limited weight-bearing capacity
- Extremity injuries, which prevent regular conditioning on normal surfaces or in athletic participation
- Spinal dysfunction, which prevents exercise on normal surfaces due to pain, immobility and/or compression
- Pregnancy-related musculoskeletal pain
- Total hip/knee/joint replacements
- Unsuccessful attempts at land-based therapy